-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
tsfftf
i changed inittab to kdm start instead of xsession start... that's right isn't it? please get back to me about this, i really want to get this feature included in my remaster. In the forums there are lots of people that want this, and PCLinuxOS and MEPIS both offer this. Perhaps something should be included in the Wiki about this.
Sorry, I didn't remembet that right. Deleting /etc/init.d/xsession gives you:
Code:
INIT: cannot execute "/etc/init.d/xsession"
That file in not in Debian but is needed for starting X in Knoppix live CD.
But your problem, I'm not sure what needs to be changed. I think that you must delete /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession but after that you get kpersonalizer run, not login screen. Sorry, I thaught I had tested this but I had not
I try to investigate what should be done but I need some time for that.
But at least this works:
1. Delete 45xsession
2. add 'kdm start' to knoppix-autoconfig
I added it to the end just before '#Re-enable signals'
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By ken39 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-14-2007, 12:19 AM
-
By GCMartin in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 01:35 AM
-
By metavoid in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:39 PM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 01:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00