-
Junior Member
registered user
I booted Knoppix, and again I had the same problems. Firefox opens a "checking compatibility of add ons" window for several minutes, then this disappears, then several minutes later the FF browser pops up. From here I disabled IPv6 again, closed and re opened FF. I tried to access the knoppix website first and that didn't work, so I typed in 72.232.180.133 again, and it worked! Brought me right to the Knoppix site, and I made note of the google adds that showed up on the side. After that I could access any site freely, so here I am. So I guess the same procedure did yield the same result which is rather interesting. But since it takes ten minutes from when knoppix loads to when I can access the net, I am trying my luck with a persistent disk image saved to a USB drive.
Similar Threads
-
By chris-harry in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 05:35 AM
-
By Craig2 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
-
By dtk in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:58 PM
-
By kashif in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 01:24 AM
-
By spreadthecream in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 02:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72