Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Convert CD into DVD

  1. #1

    Convert CD into DVD

    Hello,

    I have a large program that I would like to distribute demo versions of on KNOPPIX.

    The program is too large to fit on a KNOPPIX CD (between 700 MB and 2GB uncompressed - depending on what I decide to keep).

    KNOPPIX DVD is ok, but still requires removing a large number of packages.

    I would rather do it like so:

    begin with KNOPPIX CD, remove some packages, but not so many as I have to with the KNOPPIX DVD.
    install my software.
    build ISO image, which is now bigger than 700 MB compressed.
    save ISO to a DVD.

    will this work?

    I'm going to try it anyway, but it's a relatively long process, so if someone can tell me beforehand, it would save me some time.

    thank you for your time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Convert CD into DVD

    Quote Originally Posted by zachfewtrell
    begin with KNOPPIX CD, remove some packages, but not so many as I have to with the KNOPPIX DVD.
    install my software.
    build ISO image, which is now bigger than 700 MB compressed.
    save ISO to a DVD.

    will this work?
    Of course it works! Why do you think it does not? There is a limit for a single packed KNOPPIX file but I don't exactly know how far it is beyond 2 GB nowadays. I think you can do a DVD with one KNOPPIX file (as in CD), if it is under 4 GB. But you need much memory and free hard disk space.

    -tapsa-

  3. #3

    Confirmed that it works

    Yes it works, thank you.

    I just don't know much about CD & DVD filesystems, I didn't know if I would have to change anything else. So evidently, there's really no difference between the CD & DVD filesystems, except that the media size is bigger and the compressed KNOPPIX files are bigger.

    thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. how can i convert .rpm into .deb
    By tat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:07 PM
  2. convert media files
    By rubi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 12:45 PM
  3. ? Does k3b with knoppix let me convert avi files to dvd iso
    By thaumielx72 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
  4. HDD install - Convert CD-like to Multiuser
    By BillS in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
  5. LINUX CONVERT
    By bob58 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00