I'd like some insight into the difference between saving a Knoppix configuration and creating a persistent disk image. I only ask because I'd like Knoppix to boot the same way each time, configured how I've specified. I created a persistent image on my USB drive and I do a home=scan at the boot prompt, but it seems this image is updated live, so all the changes I make are saved. I'm trying to avoid this in case I do something I want to reverse, I can reboot Knoppix and its back to the way I want it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco ISR4431/K9 V02 4400 Series Rack Mount L3 1Gbps Router 3 LAN RJ-45
$200.00
$75.00
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$599.99