-
Junior Member
registered user
hd install went haywire
Hi,
I've been trying to install Knoppix 3.2 5/3/03 release on the hard drive to no avail. The 'knx-hdinstall' script fails while cfdisk is trying to repartition the hard drive. I've started with 6 GB drive divided into 3 partitions, primary DOS 2GB each. I've tried to create 500 MB swap and 3.5 GB root, however, mkfs generated an error "attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while creating root directory." Now I can't boot from CD, I'm getting pdcraid error reading superblock and htpraid error reading superblock. At one point even BIOS could not detect the hard drive. After booting back into Windows95, I tried fdisk to delete the non-DOS partition. Booted again Knoppix from CD, but now launching the script, cfdisk cannot read the hard drive at all, I get 0 MB and not able to detect the swap partition, the script fails. Now, I realized that I should have created 256 MB swap and 2 ext2 partitions for the install. What should I use to repartition the drive? Any suggestions? I don't have a copy of Partition Magic.
Regards,
Joseph Schiller
Similar Threads
-
By art in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99