-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: reinstalled all over again

Originally Posted by
Joseph Schiller
Hi,
Thanks. BTW, I couldn't have done it without you.
I could'nt tell what was missing in the install, at 40% in the script I was getting input/output errors, but the script recovered and completed. I like the auto recovery feature. So if something was corrupted, the install did not live long enough for me to discover what that was.
I reinstalled again, this time I've set up hda1 as 500 MB swap, hda2 4500 MB reiser, and hda3 1500 MB reiser, but running CFDISK, I noticed that hda2 is not reiserFS at all, it went in as ext2. This time I did not have to edit of configure LILO, it did write itself to MBR during script install. But I am dumbfounded that hda2 is not reiserFS. I opted for that specifically because the hd is defective. I'm not sure how that happened, but I used console and the commands that I learned "mkreiserfs /hda2" and "mkreiserfs /hda3", but I must have goofed running cfdisk when seperating out 1500 MB partition. At the moment everything works great, save a minor glitch with /etc/resolv.conf which I don't understand yet. I've never had to edit it manually before, and I've discovered it had a sym link to /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf, and I followed exactly the same steps.
Regards,
Joseph Schiller
cfdisk set the partition as a linux partition which IIRC is set by default to ext2 you just had to use the type option to set it as reiser. Any time I have installed I usually use cfdisk and format the partitions before I run the script and just quit from cfdisk when it comes up and continue with the script.
I think your resolv.conf problems have something to do with the groups your user belongs too I have responded to your other post although it could be one of those annoying things that get changed when you install and you have to configure the settings manually.
Similar Threads
-
By art in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99