Are the machines' BIOS settings identical?
Hi,
In my office, I have got 2 identical PC (same brand, model, Hardware). I will called them PC1 and PC2.
PC1 have been installed with a fully working knoppix so I wanted to put the PC1 hard disk into PC2.
But when I swap PC1 Hard Disk to PC2, it will stop booting up after this message:
"Enabling DMA acceleration of XXXXXX"
I know that normal booting will follow by the line,
"Found Hardware profile at XXX"
"copy Hardware profile to XXX"
Can anyone tell me what is the problem around here? What can I do to solve this problem?
![]()
Thank you so much
ken39
Are the machines' BIOS settings identical?
Hi Siking,
Sorry for the late reply, been really busy this week.. ^^"
The BIOS setting is the quite identical between these 2 PCs, except for the different brand of HDD, everything is the same.
However, I have managed to get this HDD to work when I put the HDD with the working Knoppix into another identical PC (PC3)....strange...I suspect there must be a hardware difference in PC2 and it is the cause of this problem to occur.
These 3 PC are almost identical in the sense that they are from a same brand and model and all are having integrated parts (except for HDD, CDROM-checked; is the same,RAM-checked; is the same), so this bypass I found actually did not address the problem completely. Nonetheless, they all working now, and I am grateful that they are. ^^=
Thanks again for reply my question, siKing! ^^
ken39
at the boot prompt type "knoppix nodma"

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99