-
Knoppix & ntfsfix ??
Hi
Hoping someone can help me out here, as I've now reached a brick wall in my attempts to revive my computer.
I've ecountered the blue screen ntfs.sys 0x0024 error, unable to start in safe mode use system restore or use command prompt, do a repair installation or basically do anything with Windows XP. Windows does not even to be able to detect the hard drive anymore, even in the BIOS.
I'm now trying to use Knoppix to do the repair. I've managed to load Knoppix onto the computer and I can now, to much relief see all my files and folders. I've done run cfdisk and found the NTFS to be on sda2 and I've then typed ntfsfix /dev/sda2
I then get the error message:
Mountine volume... Error opening partition device: Device or resource busy.
Failed to startup volume: Device or resource busy
FAILED
Attempting to correct errors...Error opening partition device: Device or resource busy
FAILED
Failed to startup volume: Device or resource busy
Volume is corrupt. You should run chkdsk
This is the point where I now stuck ! Can I run chkdsk in Knoppix ?
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but when I mount the disk I get the message, WARNING: Dirty volume mount was forced by the "force" mount option + the name of the hard disk on the desktop appears as, pdc_bdiieehfaj2, not sure if this is correct ?
My computer uses an Athlon 64 and has a SATA Hard drive and Windows XP.
I'm not sure why the ntfs error occured. Can only think that it me be something to do with a windows update I installed or that
the hard drive is virtually full up ?
Any help would be much appreciated, hope the above makes sense to someone.
Cheers
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$305.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00