I'm assuming i need to re-compile the kernel, but i'm not sure how to proceed on that. Does anyone have some pointers?
I've installed Knoppix as a Debian-type on my HD. Now, i've found out the kernel does NOT suit my needs (i.e. music composing). For instance, when i run the Rosegarden sequencer, i get an error " System timer resolution is too low." This makes composing MIDI off-beat & jittery. I want to replace the default kernel with one that solves the above problem and has real-time preemption, too. How would i do this? Is there some way to patch the kernel, or what?
I'm assuming i need to re-compile the kernel, but i'm not sure how to proceed on that. Does anyone have some pointers?

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Brand New Genuine Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (Advanced Server) Version 3
$39.99
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99