Go to the following link and check out the FAQ 2 & 3Originally Posted by dutchcreek
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
Good luck and have fun
Rgds,
Chip
I have a Belkin F5D7010 PCMIA card that i'm trying to set up using Ndiswrapper but i'm not sure how.
Bert
Go to the following link and check out the FAQ 2 & 3Originally Posted by dutchcreek
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
Good luck and have fun
Rgds,
Chip
Well, this is how far I got, let me know what else I can try.
dsl@box:~$ sudo ndiswrapper -i net8185.inf
Installing net8185
dsl@box:~$ ndiswrapper -l
Installed drivers:
net8185 driver installed
dsl@box:~$ ndiswrapper -d 1799:701f net8185
Driver 'net8185' is used for '1799:701f'
dsl@box:~$ ndiswrapper -l
dsl@box:~$ modprobe ndiswrapper
dsl@box:~$ lsmod | grep ndiswrapper
ndiswrapper 171708 0
usbcore 58016 1 [ndiswrapper hid usb-storage usb-ohci]
dsl@box:~$ iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.
etho no wireless extensions.
dsl@box:~$
Bert[/code]
Don't sound good to me. However, I believe you are using dsl instead. Not knoppix, is that true?Originally Posted by dutchcreek
I think I tested DSL 3.3 on my laptop before and I don't remember the result. I need to find an environment to test for it again. I'm recently on a trip and it is very hard to find an environment that I can have total control.
One more question, your machine only have wireless network card and do not have wired network card? I only see the lo and the eth0 shown up in your output.
Rgds,
Chip
Yes, i'm using dsl but didn't get any help in the dsl forums that's why I came here. I have wired internet but this is a laptop so I don't want to have to hook up a cable all the time. My Belkin Card (F5D7010) works fine in Ubuntu, PClinux, Puppy linux etc.
Bert
With the info you posted, obviously dsl did not find the wireless adapter (eth0 is your wired adapter). If the ndiswrapper is successfully installed, you should have a wlan0 or a eth1 on the iwconfig listing.Originally Posted by dutchcreek
I went to ndiswrapper official web site and check for the known card that ndiswrapper supports. Unfortunately, it does not have any record on your model.
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net
I tested my laptop (Dell D610) on DSL 3.3 and it is working fine. The windows driver I'm using is for windows xp. Are u using windows XP driver as well?
Rgds,
Chip
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/j...,33/id,list_b/
Number 38 is my card and i'm using the rtl8185 Windows drivers. This card works fine in Ubuntu, PClinuxOS and Puppy Linux using Ndiswrapper, it does not work in dsl linux for some reason ?
Bert
It could be the kernel that DSL is using. I believe the version I have is using kernel 2.4.Originally Posted by dutchcreek
Rgds,
Chip

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
Advantech/Samsung 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM RAM AQD-D4U8GE24-SE DDR4 EUDIMM
$85.00
Samsung Notebook 9 Pen Touchscreen 2-in-1 Motherboard NP930SBE-K01US
$111.14
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$55.00