Anybody know how to get Wine Update (currently 0.9.4to install on Knoppix 5.1.1 after installing to the hard drive? It seems that Knoppix 5.1.1 comes with Wine 0.9.12, which is rather dated. www.winehq.com provides the latest and greatest on WINE, but does not provide a package specific to Knoppix, and the info supplied there seems incomplete. The WINE Documentations gives the following instructions to compile from the source code:
$ ./configure
$ make depend
$ make
$ make install
You would run these from the folder where you extract the contents of the source archive (if it is a Tar.bz2 file, you can still use ark to extract it). Trouble is, I tried this with wine 0.9.47 and got an error that the gcc comiler could not build the executables.
There is a configure file included with 0.9.48, and I tried that as well, but it reported it could not find .in or ..
This is troubling, so I guess I could use some help at this point. I'd like to add winehq to my apt sources for future updates, but they seem to be building updates specific to other distributions, so I guess this might not be an option right now.

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
MCSI IND-486DX Industrial ISA SBC PC/104 Motherboard NOS Untested No CPU RAM
$189.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000
$94.95
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$94.95
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00