Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: sound disappear duryng play

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1

    sound disappear duryng play

    I was playing a divx movie and the sound disappeared and I got some squiky noises.
    I have an onboard sound and I installed knoppix 5.1 on the hard disk and I did not have any problem with the sound until today.
    I try sound card configuration but it is not detecting as say it is not going to work with pnp card that'll be automatically detected.
    I try to make some change using the control center sound system, but nothing change.
    If I boot from cd the sound is working, and if I restart the system and start to play a sound it is going to work for few seconds and after the noises are back again

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    It may be that the digital sound buffer is being emptied too quick, I've heard this described as sratching or skipping noises.

    From kde control centre, sound system see the section "skip protection". Move the slider to the right this will use memory and buffer
    the sound stream.

    With no other details it is difficult to answer your question

Similar Threads

  1. 3.6 / 2.6 KsCD won't play
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 06:06 AM
  2. Can't find the Knoppix filesystem error never disappear
    By demonstrate in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
  3. How do I play a dvd?
    By turbine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:59 PM
  4. Cant play sound in flash/homepage
    By rainfile in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 05:45 AM
  5. KVM Causes Mouse to disappear
    By Crisis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00