-
Problems with Knopix from CD
I am a complete novice and NOT very computer literate but I am fed up with Windows and its associated rubbish.. So I thought i would try the well publisiced Knoppix system ..
I have burnt the cd OK and its boots BUT then I get some error reports " Starting X11...cloop :error 3
etc then a load of numbers
retrying with server XFree86 ( Vesa) and again with ( fbdev )
I have reburt the CD using a very slow speed but still get the same errors
Final line states No suitable x Server found for your card
root@tty [/]#
Can some Please explain in very simple terms what I need to do to get it to work so I can at least try it..
I have reburnt the CD using a very slow speed but still get the same errors
I am running an Athlon XP 2000 with 1 mb ram 2 Hdrives of 40 and 20 GB and two cd drives Nvidia GeForce FX5200 on a samsung 19 Inch syncmaster 910N
TIA
Similar Threads
-
By justauser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
-
By gazelle in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 03:01 PM
-
By Joshm in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 11:55 PM
-
By xalia in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
-
By dstarke in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:01 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96