-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Wireless not recognizede

Originally Posted by
rebshalom
I have an HP zd7058cl. Knoppix installed beautifully with one glaring exception. It did not recognize the built in wireless card. I called HP to get a linux based driver, or some support on using the windows one and was told "HP does not support Linux." After telling the tech that his company should join the 21st century I turned my attention hre. HELP I need to convert 3 HP PCs to Linux but without wireless I can't
Harry is right about the poor wireless support of knoppix. I wish the next version of knoppix has better support.
However, you still can do it a try on ndiswrapper.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ
Check out the above URL on FAQ 2 & 3 might help you to have the wireless connection. Be careful that even with ndiswrapper, a large portion of the hardware still does not supported. You have to try your luck.
Good luck and have fun.
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
-
By rpk073 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon W-2155 SR3LR 3.30GHz, 10 Cores Processor.
$99.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00