It is a general problem. There are some dificulties with the server.
See www.debian.org
I was doing an apt-get update on one of my latest knoppix-installed as debian PCs. When it got to 99% it timed-out saying it couldn't connect to people.debeian.org.
How do I get out of this problem, apt-get is stuck. If I just <ctrl><C>, has everything else been correctly updated? I don't want to mess-up my apt-get.resouces (sorry, I forget the name of the file is that's being updated) file.
TIA,
It is a general problem. There are some dificulties with the server.
See www.debian.org
Just <Ctrl> C. There won't be any other problems. The debs of any files that apt-get has already fetched will be sitting in the correct place and if you try apt-get update again it should just go fetch the remainder of the incomplete package. Apt-get is far too smart to get screwed up by broken connections....!
Sorry, I'm new to all this apt-get stuff. Its cool though! Thank God, I didn't louse-up my hdinstalls then....
Thanx,

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99