-
Senior Member
registered user
Where is Knoppix/home, and how do I move it?
I guess the title says it all, where on the tree does this directory reside by default, and how can I put it somewhere else?
Thanks,
Tortoise
PS Follow up question - is there any reason why I shouldn't just put it whereever the whim takes me, within reason?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Where is Knoppix/home, and how do I move it?

Originally Posted by
Tortoise
I guess the title says it all, where on the tree does this directory reside by default, and how can I put it somewhere else?
Thanks,
Tortoise
If you want to use the Knoppix cd to move it then see the how-to.
PS Follow up question - is there any reason why I shouldn't just put it whereever the whim takes me, within reason?
No reason at all you can have your home anywhere it can be mounted.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thank you, and sorry for not having more thoroughly read the docs...
Similar Threads
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 05:27 PM
-
By Coorme in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:14 AM
-
By alfix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 05:19 PM
-
By Wishmaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 07:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99