Hi ColTom
you can try the following
open a command shell
type "su"
type "cfdisk /dev/hda1
let me know how you make out.
Hi:
I have a Dell desktop with SATA 250GB HD with a bad sector and cannot boot to Windows MCE(2005). I have not been able to run chkdsk /r to try and repair the bad sector. In fact, I cannot get computer into Safe Mode or run Last Known Good Configuration. I ran Hardware Diagnostics is how I foud the bad sector of hard drive.
Does Knoppix have the capabilty to boot and run chkdsk /r on this hard drive and possibly repairing the hard drive? If so, I would greatly appreciate someone telling me in detail how to accomplish this task. Right now I am faced with the possibilty of replacing the hard drive etc.
Thanks,
ColTom2
Hi ColTom
you can try the following
open a command shell
type "su"
type "cfdisk /dev/hda1
let me know how you make out.
Fixed the problem with "Spinrite". Thanks anyway for your reply.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$99.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00