Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't mount HD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Can't mount HD

    Hello, total noob here.

    I'm having trouble accessing my computers main HD through Knoppix. I can access any external drives I connect, but when I try to access my computers main drive I get the following error message:

    The device /dev/sda2, is mounted.
    Forced to continue.
    Error opening partition device : Device or resource busy
    Failed to startup volume : Device or resource busy
    Couldn't mount device '/dev/sda2' : Device or resource busy
    Mount failed.
    Please check that the device is plugged correctly.

    But when I look at the device it says it is not mounted. How can I get to being able to access the drive? Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Are you trying to access and view the contents of a windows drive with ntfs filesystem?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    Yes I am.

Similar Threads

  1. MOUNT /USR
    By dvryknopper in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:19 PM
  2. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  3. How To Mount
    By Wassim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
  4. mount-aes ???
    By Superstoned in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 09:13 PM
  5. Can't mount over nfs
    By beaky in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10 picture

Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10

$22000.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack picture

Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack

$190.00



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point picture

2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point

$19.85



Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New

$399.99