-
Junior Member
registered user
USB Camera (Canon PowerShot A410) woes
OK, so this to where I have gotten by just using google and playing around. I plug in my camera and turn it on. I get a new window with the options:
Open in new window
Upload photos to Digikam (twice)
do nothing
If I open it in a new window I get to the folder "system:/media/camera/" containing a folder that contains the PTP class file.
If I open in Digikam and try to access the camera, it says: "Failed to list files in media/camera"
Then I found out about gtkam and low and behold it is already on Knoppix (running v5.0.1 BTW). Too bad it's using libgphoto 2.1.6 (a later version has my camera listed)
I go to add camera (via auto detect it uses standard ptp and usb) and it gives me the error message: "Could not initialize camera".
No fun here either. Then I realise that Digikam probably uses libgphoto itself. Anyways I find this post here, but when I do "mount" to see what devicese there are the only one that look like they relate to my camera are:
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,devmode=0666)
Which is already set to RW.
I figured, I'll just update libgphoto then, but failed miserably in trying since I know pretty much nothing about Linux and was happy enough to get Flash working.
Via Google I did find out that the standard PTP driver should work just fine and that the specified driver was added after that was figured out (listed as PTP mode as well).
So if anyone knows what it is that isn't working or what it is I am too stupid to get working. Please tell me. Once again I feel like a f**ktard in the Linux domain.
Similar Threads
-
By sakiZ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:21 AM
-
By OtterToast in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-26-2005, 04:59 AM
-
By dmpop in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By Coume in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-17-2003, 08:41 AM
-
By wikes82 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99

Lot of 30 Genuine OEM Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter for iPhone iPad MacBook Air
$419.59

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$18.99

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99

Lot Of Apple Cords And Accessories All OEM Genuine Apple Pencil, Magsafe Power
$109.99