Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Which usb card works with knoppix 4.2?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    Which usb card works with knoppix 4.2?

    I've got an OLD hp pavilion on which I'm running knoppix 4.2. The computer has two usb 1 ports which are quite useless nowadays. I understand that I can add usb 2 ports by means of an appropriate pci card. Do any of y'all have knowledge of which pci card I can use which would be compatible with my knoppix 4.2 system?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Try NEC USB 2.0 Host Controller

    I use a NEC USB 2.0 host controller card. Works fine in my old ASUS box with Knoppix 3.7, Mepis 6.5, Windows XP,

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Thank you, sakiZ, I'll see if I can find one and give it a try. Do I need any special drivers or is all on my knoppix dvd?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    No Special Drivers Needed

    Knoppix is USB aware.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. WIFI CARD THAT WORKS
    By jonathanc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 05:21 PM
  2. wireless card works with live cd but not with hd-install
    By amitram2001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:18 AM
  3. Sound card works as root but not as regular user
    By sgs9198 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:40 PM
  4. A wireless card that works!
    By Brett Clark in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 06:46 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72