-
ssh logging in. What password ?!
I got the sshd service running. clicked the penguin..services, and found start ssh service
The username on the computer I am logging into, is "knoppix" at least that is what is displayed when I type "whoami".
I can do
$ssh [email protected]
But it asks me for a password.
If I set a password then I would know it!! How can I set the password?
-
I have the answer.. I got it largely via IRC (e.g. using the MIRC client) I googled knoppix IRC and it said what servers to connect to. And I joined #knoppix and asked.
The passwd command changes password, they said.
It seems to allow creation of users too. But I never actually used that in the end.
I noticed that after starting ssh server (by doing something like clicking the penguin...services..start ssh server) . It then told me the username(no big deal, I can find that with the whoami command). And it also asked me to set the password.
So that solves that. I don`t know how I did not notice that before. Maybe I just hit return and then it said "hit return to exit" and I did and the windows closes. And maybe with a blank password it won`t allow a connection.
I strongly suggest that people if they get their problems solved, answer here. This forum seems very dead.
I have even seen posts asking how to start the ssh server, go unanswered. This is very strange.
Similar Threads
-
By Aspra in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-01-2006, 06:24 PM
-
By artikid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 03:05 AM
-
By Salzi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By MSTDLR in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 02:08 AM
-
By Bleim in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Lot of 12 Cisco 8821 CP-8821 Cordless IP VoIP Phone Wireless FOR PARTS
$555.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$99.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99