-
Junior Member
registered user
Remastering Knoppix in knoppix a beginner's question
I've used Knoppix a lot, but never like now.
My laptop messed up and now won't "see" the hard drive. I believe that either the IDE or the power connection is lose, whichever it is, I don't have the right tools to open it up and it will take a while till I do. Now the good thing is though that it doesn't matter, all I want is my data, I was getting a new laptop either way since the machine was showing it's age...
Knoppix is now my only access and I want to create my own remastered version. Exclude everything that adds (to me) useless wight and add what I need (Opera, NetBeans including the JDK, Hugs98 linux equivalent, something to run every video format, NTFS read support which may or may not be included already).
What I want in and don't ain't the issue.
Like said I have the Knoppix LiveCD and nothing else. Just so I don't have to re-enter my wifi details, change keyboard, time, etc over and over.
I do have an external usb cd burner and I do have an external usb hdd that could be formatted anyway I needed.
Before I even start, is this possible? Can it be done with my setup?
What do I need to read first.
Similar Threads
-
By Andavane in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2007, 08:50 PM
-
By maxwas in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 07:50 AM
-
By ryanpq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 03:29 PM
-
By spite in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 02:53 PM
-
By wanderer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00