-
Remastered Knoppix as host for Qemu Guests
Hi everybody.
I'm writing to search for help about a problem i'm experiencing.
I'm using knoppix as host system for a virtualized computing-grid testbed, implemented as two Scientific Linux (RHEL like) guests launched by the qemu emulator.
Two scenarios follow:
1) I boot a Knoppix "vanilla" system (which get access, when ready, to the local disks). As the system become ready, I install qemu, uml-utilites,bridge-utils (via apt-get), and I run qemu to virtualize two pre-installed Scientific Linux images (laying on my main physical disc). Everything goes ok.
2) I remaster Knoppix to include qemu/bridge-utils/uml-utilites and the two SL images. When finished, I restart the whole system and boot from the new, remastered, knoppix DVD. When the booting phase ends, I try to launch my qemu-ed images. Both of the images, when trying to chroot to /, fail with a bad kernel panic.
Does someone know what is the reason for this to happen? Why this behaviour difference within the two previous environments?
Thank you in advance,
Alex.
N.B: Sorry for the crosspost, but i really don't know if this one is the correct forum for my post.
Similar Threads
-
By solutiondev in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
-
By jazevedo in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 03:06 PM
-
By mahdi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00