Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Linksys WUSB11 2.5

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1

    Linksys WUSB11 2.5

    I just started working with knoppix, and when I booted it up, my wireless wouldn't connect. I searched for a while and couldn't find a way to get a Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.5 to connect with knoppix. Has anyone made it work?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    204

    Re: Linksys WUSB11 2.5

    Quote Originally Posted by 85k5
    I just started working with knoppix, and when I booted it up, my wireless wouldn't connect. I searched for a while and couldn't find a way to get a Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.5 to connect with knoppix. Has anyone made it work?
    You can try the ndiswrapper method to connect via wireless.

    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Network_FAQ

    Check out the FAQ 2 & 3 from the above link, it starts with how to find out the windows XP driver files and ends with WEP setting. I tried it on various machines with difference hardware. Some work and some don't.

    Bear in mind that ndiswrapper does not cover all hardware. Please let us know if it works or not.

    Good luck.

    Rgds,
    Chip

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: Linksys WUSB11 2.5

    Quote Originally Posted by chip.ling

    Check out the FAQ 2 & 3 from the above link, it starts with how to find out the windows XP driver files and ends with WEP setting. I tried it on various machines with difference hardware. Some work and some don't.
    I have a similar problem, I tried this suggestion but at step 11 I get -

    # ndiswrapper -i ~/oem7.inf
    installing oem7 ...
    # ndiswrapper -l
    oem7 : invalid driver!

    This is definitely the correct .inf file for my driver (usb8023.sys). It works fine in Windows XP. Any suggestions? (It's a BT Voyager 1055 USB wireless adapter)

Similar Threads

  1. Linksys WUSB11
    By oloompa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
  2. Linksys WUSB11 v2.6.....again...sorry
    By Duncanla in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
  3. Internet with a Linksys WUSB11
    By z3ro in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
  4. linksys WUSB11 ver2.8 PLEASE HELP
    By empoy in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:53 PM
  5. More problems with Linksys WUSB11 2.6
    By andymadigan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99