Quote Originally Posted by Elisha8685
Ok, I burned the CD at 4X and it booted ....
That seems to be more confirmation that purchased CDs and high speed burn CDs are a source of problems. Have you confirmed that memtest86 runs OK off of the new disc that you burnt yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha8685
... Now can you link me to what i need to know about replacing the NT Loader?
If you have crazy ideas about installing Knoppix in spite of all of the warnings against it, no, I will not participate in that abomination. If you like Knoppix and want a stable Knoppix-like system, I advise installing Debian (which the Live CD Knoppix is based on). It will give you all of the benefits of Knoppix without the problems. Part of the install process of Debian will offer to replace the windows loader with grub, and if you have both Windows and Debian on the hard disks it will configure a boot menu that will let you boot either. Make sure that you choose the desktop install option when installing Debian for normal desktop use. Then apt-get KDE if you want it, and apt-get any applications that you want. I suggest doing the net-install rather than downloading full Debian CDs.