Btw, I'm using the latest Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
Hi all,
I use Ubuntu & when switching to the virtual terminals via CTRL, ALT, DEL the fonts are way too large.
I've heard that this is due to video resolution but have always noticed Knoppix fonts during the boot up as well as in the TTY's are the same small size & wanted to know how this was done & whether its possible to change it the same way in Ubuntu.
I haven't had much luck in the Ubuntu forums & thought the Knoppix gurus might be able to shed some light on this.
Any help greatly appreciated.
kl.
Btw, I'm using the latest Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
You'll need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst, and adjust the vga=xyz parameter value - IIRC knoppix typically uses 788 or 791.

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
Vintage Video-7 VEGA 8-Bit ISA EGA Card Rev 1.06 1986 – Tested Working
$149.99
Vintage CPU Lot (14) Intel Pentium AMD Athlon Motorola AS-IS Untested
$65.00
RARE ATI Graphics Xpression ISA 2MB Mach64 GX EXM193 Vintage VGA Card 1995
$225.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00
Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99