Shouldn't you be doing ls -a /media/sda1 instead of ls -a /mnt/sda1 ?
Okey so it sounds easy and I hope it is but i'm stuck.
I have around 3GB of data on my harddrive, (windows, ntfs filesystem) Pictures, Documents, etc that I need to make a backup of.
First I have 3 options, either I can burn to a dvd with the bundled K3b or I could just copy to my usb stick but I can't get any of it to work or a 3rd ...... option.
1. Burn to a DVD-R
I started K3b and prepared everything (the project), and bash.
unmounted, and ejected the dvd, inserted a empty dvd and tried to burn but got a error msg so it failed. (sorry for not supplying the errormsg but it was somthing about a remount, will see if I find any logs if they exist)
2. Copy to a usb-stick
I have a 4GB Voyager GT Readyboost stick which I used to boost vista so it's full at the moment but I can't find any files on the stick
3. Reinstall Vista for the gazillionth timeknoppix@Knoppix:/mnt/sda1$ ls -a
. ..
knoppix@Knoppix:/mnt/sda1$ df -h /mnt/sda1/
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 3.9G 3.9G 12M 100% /media/sda1
I rather go with option 2, I really don't want to go with option 3 i'm migrating back to linux again sick off all the crashes and lost userprofiles.
EDIT :
As soon as I get the above sorted I'm doing a knoppix-livedvd -> gentoo install.
Shouldn't you be doing ls -a /media/sda1 instead of ls -a /mnt/sda1 ?
Err I think so though I wrote a disc instead, had to get another dvdreader couldn't get it to work when I unmounted the livedvdOriginally Posted by Jorpho

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99