-
Problems Installing VMware Server 1.0.4 on top of Knoppix
I have Knoppix 5.1.1 installed on my hard drive. I am trying to install VMWare Server 1.0.4 on top of it. Actually, I succeeded in getting it installed after I used alias -r -c to convert the RPM package to a DEB package. But when I try to run vmware, it tells me I must first run vmware-config.pl.
The problem is that I then need to tell vmware-config.pl where the C Header files are for the Linux Kernel. I finally deduced from other postings that they are in the /usr/include folder.
But now when I try it, I get this message:
The directory of kernel headers (version @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE) does not match
your running kernel (version 2.6.19). Even if the module were to compile
successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.
Am I just barking up the wrong tree here? Can I use the free version of VMware Server, or am I going to have to look at VMware Workstation 6 or something like that?
Am I correct in my interpretation of where the kernel source files are? And will the kernel update or not? I'm still at 2.6.19, but I note that a newer stable version is now available.
Similar Threads
-
By piuskid in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
-
By kevingpo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2005, 08:21 PM
-
By wk1989 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 04:31 AM
-
By Fitzy in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By lindleyrl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99