Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Default OS boot up.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default OS boot up.

    I'm sure this question was asked before so here it is. How can I change the default boot up OS? I want to make Windows XP boot up first so I can connect online since I haven't found a way to set up Knoppix to connect me online yet. When I figure it out I want to make Knoppix load up as default. I'm new to Knoppix and need to learn a lot from it. I'll be asking a lot of questions here so please bare with me.

    How can I change the default boot and log in as root to do this?

    Thanks guys!

    boricua

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    I was going to delete this message since I found my answer but couldn't find a way to do it. Anyway, mission accomplished.


  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    282
    Normally on a linux forum if you find an answer you can put [Solved] in the sunject header. The default boot choice is only
    a matter a changing boot order in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file as you have already discovered.
    HTH

Similar Threads

  1. Getting GRUB to Use Windows as default Boot
    By johnwaynegoodin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
  2. knoppix 5.3 won't boot in default mode
    By Gemu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
  3. change default boot
    By ismanpa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 11:04 AM
  4. XP as default boot How?
    By nebtem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 05:21 PM
  5. how to make kernel 2.6.6 the default boot?
    By cronex2000 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$144.98