-
How do I 'install'an mp3 player?
My computer is booting just fine from the Knoppix dvd, but it's not seeing my mp3 player as a drive. I used the USB tool to confirm that the player is showing as connected (it appears as a USB CRW 2.0 device), but I'm not sure what I need to do next. The player does support 'drag & drop' and normally appears as a regular drive. I'm using version 5.1.1 on a Vista oem machine, and I've never used Linux before.
-
Senior Member
registered user
what make/model is your player?
some players need to use gnomad, amarok or kzenexplorer, these are the ones that use the windows mediaplayer to transfer files (exploder with the player embedded?).
with these three programs and standard Linux USB support I have had great success to access players.
-
what make/model is your player?
I have a variety - Creative Zen Stone, Samsung YP-T9 (with firmware that allows it to act as a USB storage device) and Samsung YP-T10. I think they'll all work with WMP, at least with .mp3 files. I generally drag and drop with the Stone and the T9, or use Yahoo's WMP extension.
-
Senior Member
registered user
then you should try the programs i listed, the YP-T9 should work fro scratch.
the programs where, gnomad, amarok and kzenexplorer.
I hae a Creative Zen Micro, works great in Debian (what Knoppix is based on)
Have Fun.
Örjan
Similar Threads
-
By dakky21 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-29-2005, 10:07 PM
-
By jtheb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By scoldingice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
-
By desanti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
-
By brandontyler in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors
$290.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99