Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I 'install'an mp3 player?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2

    How do I 'install'an mp3 player?

    My computer is booting just fine from the Knoppix dvd, but it's not seeing my mp3 player as a drive. I used the USB tool to confirm that the player is showing as connected (it appears as a USB CRW 2.0 device), but I'm not sure what I need to do next. The player does support 'drag & drop' and normally appears as a regular drive. I'm using version 5.1.1 on a Vista oem machine, and I've never used Linux before.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    what make/model is your player?
    some players need to use gnomad, amarok or kzenexplorer, these are the ones that use the windows mediaplayer to transfer files (exploder with the player embedded?).
    with these three programs and standard Linux USB support I have had great success to access players.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2
    what make/model is your player?
    I have a variety - Creative Zen Stone, Samsung YP-T9 (with firmware that allows it to act as a USB storage device) and Samsung YP-T10. I think they'll all work with WMP, at least with .mp3 files. I generally drag and drop with the Stone and the T9, or use Yahoo's WMP extension.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    then you should try the programs i listed, the YP-T9 should work fro scratch.
    the programs where, gnomad, amarok and kzenexplorer.
    I hae a Creative Zen Micro, works great in Debian (what Knoppix is based on)
    Have Fun.
    Örjan

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix as mp3 player
    By dakky21 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 10:07 PM
  2. Real Player
    By jtheb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:10 PM
  3. Rio Forge MP3 Player
    By scoldingice in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
  4. cannot use linux cd player
    By desanti in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
  5. Fancy DVD Player
    By brandontyler in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2002, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP picture

NETGEAR GS116EPP 16-Port Gigabit PoE+ Easy Smart Switch 231W SFP

$304.00



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99