Hey, so I'm using Knoppix to back up information on my computer after it failed to boot up. I got most of it backed up, but I have one, big, folder left. It's ~13GB, so I broke out the 40GB External Hard Drive (USB). I plug it into my extra windows computer, clear it out, and confirm is has over 30GB of free space left. I then plug it into the Knoppix'd up computer and find the 13GB folder won't fit. Nothing in the folder is larger than a gig per file. Curious, I check the space used on the HDD. Properties shows it's 99% full. The status bar at the bottom shows it has 36 Bytes of data on it. I try showing hidden folders, and get nothing.
I'm so completely lost, because this also happens with my iPod, also cleared out.
If anyone knows what's going on, I'd really appreciate some assistance.
Thanks,
-Zack
Since the created of this thread, I decided to plug the iPod into another computer and RESET it via the iTunes control. Now Knoppix sees it as 1% full

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99