-
Can't find KNIPPIX filesystem on DELL inpiron 530 desktop
I have a knoppix 5.1.1 bootdisk and I have not been able to get it to work on my new DELL. It works fine on another system, so I am sure that the disk (CD) is ok. It starts loading and then gives an error "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. Can't do anything in the shell either.
tried failsafe cheatcode, same thing.
Then I tried expert. It started to boot and then provided a list of scsi modules and asked me to type one in. Couldn't type anything, however. It just hangs there. What could be wrong? Do I need to install some new modules? (not that I know how to do that). I'm a novice linux user, but I'm trying to learn.
Similar Threads
-
By chiram in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-06-2006, 07:35 AM
-
By muzicman82 in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
-
By firefly2442 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 08:00 PM
-
By timjg in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 12:53 AM
-
By Ralph in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

PNY 2.5" CS900 1TB SATA III 6Gbps SSD
$110.00