Never Mind...figured it out. Extremely simple....
I'm liking Linux a lot thus far....
Oh, and to those that looked at my post....Thx for the "non-help" It was actually a good thing no one replied.
I am new to Linux. Let me give you a brief history.
![]()
Needing to repartition an 80gb HD down to 40 (w/o reformating the HD or re-installing windows)
Didn't want to spend $40-60 for a commercial program.
Did some search found that the bootable Knoppix CD (5.1) has this feature.![]()
Booted from CD (after backing up and taking a Ghost image of PC) w/o any issues.![]()
Went to systems and found the partition option, but can't get pass the Administrator PW![]()
![]()
Did another search in FAQ and saw that 1. No pw is set and 2. This option is locked.
How/Where do I go to get the PW and is there any other info I need to know so that I can re-partition the HD?![]()
Never Mind...figured it out. Extremely simple....
I'm liking Linux a lot thus far....
Oh, and to those that looked at my post....Thx for the "non-help" It was actually a good thing no one replied.
sorry i missed helping you (had no internet yesterday), qtparted would work for partitioning and resizing.
As for password, if you look at the top of the General Support forum, you find process and explanation on changing root password (root=superuser=admin=GOD in Unix world) and other related issues.

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98
Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66