-
Getting printer to work?
I am in a pinch here, hard drive crashed, so I am running Knoppix from a cd. I need to print something off the internet and I'm having trouble getting my printer to work.
The printer is an HP PSC 1210, plugged in via USB to my laptop. What I've done so far is in console did # /etc/init.d/cupsys start
Then ran add a printer wizard, it went fine, saw the printer connected to USB, but then I got the error that it couldn't find the driver. Error: "Unable to load the requested driver:
Unable to create the Foomatic driver [HP-PSC_1210,hpijs]. Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required permissions to perform that operation."
Is there a way I can download that driver to get my printer working? Or other ideas appreciated. Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
The first thing to do is get the network working from your live install.
The open a terminal type
apt-get update
apt-get install cups
this will update the repositories and install the latest version of cups.
You can then try the printer wizard again, if that ffails, open the browser, Iceweasel
and type in the following address:
http://localhost:631
Click on administration, the username and password are root and root.
HTH
-
Senior Member
registered user
http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi gives information on drivers for printers - HP will generally need hplip installed (don't know if it's on your knoppix CD)
Similar Threads
-
By FlameWeasel in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2006, 12:59 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 01:09 AM
-
By meansbeans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By jacomo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00