-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I too have included an updated 2.6.22 kernel to my remastered ISO and..... it doesn't work (still loads but uses kernel 2.6.19).
I've dug a little more deeply and believe I have the answer.
I'm remastering using the wiki process, so boot from a live cd, expand the contents of the cd to a free partition create source and master, work on the cloop, make changes, create a cloop again and then an iso.
The contents of the /cdrom/boot/isolinux are the answer.
These are isolinux and boot directories are copied in the master location, it is the file isolinux.cfg that controls the boot process.
AFAICT this file contains links to the booting process (default) boots the standard kernel expert includes alternate options.
To use your new kernel back up the file called linux in the /boot/isolinux folder and place your kernel here.
The initial ramdisk, there is a file called minirt.gz when I expanded this it looks as though it might be an initrd, but then reading through the knoppix
wiki this is a compressed ext2 filesystem.
I have not yet tried this myself, but one way around this is to compile a kernel with support for your root filesystem and any other devices that need
starting at boot time e.g. scsi drivers.
Its not an acceptable solution if you want to try out different hardware but may work. I will post back in a few days if I get this to work myself.
Books, I've searched on Amazon and found knoppix hacks (I've ordered it for myself) and the reviews look pretty good.
Similar Threads
-
By -Hawkeye- in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By Frunktz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:11 PM
-
By ozfrog in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM
-
By henriquegobbi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 02:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal SSD MZ-V8P1T0 EC
$115.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98

USB 3.2 Metal Flash Drive High Speed Portable USB Memory Stick 1TB 2TB 4TB
$22.15