-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, I too have included an updated 2.6.22 kernel to my remastered ISO and..... it doesn't work (still loads but uses kernel 2.6.19).
I've dug a little more deeply and believe I have the answer.
I'm remastering using the wiki process, so boot from a live cd, expand the contents of the cd to a free partition create source and master, work on the cloop, make changes, create a cloop again and then an iso.
The contents of the /cdrom/boot/isolinux are the answer.
These are isolinux and boot directories are copied in the master location, it is the file isolinux.cfg that controls the boot process.
AFAICT this file contains links to the booting process (default) boots the standard kernel expert includes alternate options.
To use your new kernel back up the file called linux in the /boot/isolinux folder and place your kernel here.
The initial ramdisk, there is a file called minirt.gz when I expanded this it looks as though it might be an initrd, but then reading through the knoppix
wiki this is a compressed ext2 filesystem.
I have not yet tried this myself, but one way around this is to compile a kernel with support for your root filesystem and any other devices that need
starting at boot time e.g. scsi drivers.
Its not an acceptable solution if you want to try out different hardware but may work. I will post back in a few days if I get this to work myself.
Books, I've searched on Amazon and found knoppix hacks (I've ordered it for myself) and the reviews look pretty good.
Similar Threads
-
By -Hawkeye- in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By Frunktz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:11 PM
-
By ozfrog in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM
-
By henriquegobbi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 02:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

Dell OptiPlex 7070 MFF Motherboard Chipset Q370 Socket LGA1151 IPCFL-BS EK C1R19
$40.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99