Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Desktop=kiosk how to change settings

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5

    Desktop=kiosk how to change settings

    Hi,

    I really like the kiosk mode of knoppix. I managed to install knoppix on a Usbkey and to set up a persistent home directory.
    I plan to use this usbkey for a public internet computer in our little hotel.
    I would like to change some things of the Kiosk mode.
    For example I would like to set a different starting page
    and I would like to stop firefox from blocking popups (the proper kiosk window is shown only after a automated restart of firefox if you disable the pop u pblocker and close the firefox window.

    I appreciate any help, thank you

    Seballa

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    I found out that the settings are made in the file

    /etc/X11/Xsessoin.d/45xsession

    now I know how i can change things, but how can I make this change happen?
    Is it possible to run a script (which i can put onto my usbkey) by cheatcode?
    Or is it possible to change the 45xession file inside the compressed KNOPPIX file somehow???

    Greeting
    Seballa

Similar Threads

  1. configuring network settings in kiosk mode
    By kckirk3 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
  2. Can I Configure network settings inside Knoppix Kiosk mode?
    By kckirk3 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. mount usb for kiosk desktop
    By oxy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 09:44 AM
  4. How to Change Language Settings to US !
    By fordfasterr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 02:51 PM
  5. what files do i edit to change desktop settings?
    By reecegeorge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59