-
Senior Member
registered user
User problems with kde apps - also no hda1 in df ?
Hello, I just did a hdd install and I'm having problems with my user accounts, the fonts in KDE are huge about 1/5th of the height of my monitor. Non KDE apps work fine in fluxbox or icewm. Does any body know how to fix this. I started out with a completely empty user directory.
TIA
rock
-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE apps fixed
I love this, posting the fix to your own post...
Anyway I decided to start up KDE and see what it did, since I had wiped clean my home directory KDE ran the 1st time setup wizard and voila KDE and KDE apps now work fine. So even if you don't plan on using KDE but want to use KDE apps you need to start out with a 'clean' home directory and then run KDE once so things get set up OK.
It is strange that after a hdd install your mounted root partition does not show in df? When I mount another partition or a CDROM etc. they show up.
Rock
-
Hmmm yea when I first went into root Kde setup appears,but not user.
-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By JamalNJ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By Marky in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 09:54 AM
-
By ca9mbu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:20 PM
-
By huggyg71 in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 04:56 AM
-
By nathanderweise in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box
$59.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07