-
update: Need to install from removable to local hard drive
Update: Since this post below, I have now gotten the device to boot propperly using a method read in this forum. So the flash is formatted as fat32 boots into knoppix and now I want to install it to the internal ide embed disc. I would assume I can follow the same method, but that would involve taking the internal 2gb, formatting fat 32, copying over the rest, but doesn't make 100% sense to me.
Is there another way to setup the local disc, once I am booted into the OS? I wish to do this for both speed, reliability and the ability to read/write to the internal drive.
Thanks.
------------------
orignial
-----------------
I just got 2 Ebox 3851's dropped off on my desk
(these are tiny box's, internal 2gb emded drive (seen as IDE0) and a compact flash port (bootable) )
Now my goal is to get knoppix onto the internal drives but have no idea where to start. The compact flash is 1gb so the installer CD will fit, I am just not sure how to go about the install. I read a bit, chatted a bit more, and thought it was resolved by a;
dd if=knoppix.iso of=/dev/sdg (where sdg is the compact flash on my fedora desktop) but no good. I re-thought a few times, so then tried to create a partition (sg1), toggle it bootable then dd the iso over still no good.
So I am not sure how to setup the compact flash to be bootable as well as copy over the CD to be read from and used as the install method to get to the embed disc.
Any help and suggestions are appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Supergrover in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
-
By gplhl in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 01:35 AM
-
By velvet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 05:07 PM
-
By kamal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90