Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 2 simple things I need

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6

    2 simple things I need

    From the readings, I know it's not 'supported', but I know it's more a 2 minute config someone could help with.

    Basically I have a small ebox which boots into the live CD.
    (This was installed like this
    :1gb compact flash drive setup as bootable live image.
    :dd'd the image over onto internal drive.
    :booted and all worked.

    Now, the only issues I am having are how to setup the drive to not use ramdrive (I think it is using) and to always write. I guess things are still set as 'live' so if I download / install something, it's gone on reset. So how do I setup to always just read/write from the disc.

    Also, the only other thing I need is adobe flash player. Apt won't install due to dependencies, I know local the debian issues, so can u simply use the tar to make it work.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    WA, USA
    Posts
    6
    xlancelotx,

    Have you run the knoppix-installer script that creates a true hard drive installation? It sounds to me like you are running a live CD image from the hard drive. There may be some confusion as to what constitutes a HD installation because I and others have made posts on this forum regarding running the CD image from other boot media such as compact flash.

    Mike

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6
    Sry, just got back, and yes. 1st problem was the partitioning. The Qt kept failing and the 1gb ran out of space on the install.

    The drive is an internal 2gb, so is there another command line tweak to cusomize the install? I don't need things like openoffice so a smaller scaled down version of knoppix would be perfect.

    Tnx

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by xlancealotx
    .......so a smaller scaled down version of knoppix would be perfect.
    Great News! There is a smaller scaled down version of Knoppix that would be perfect for you. It doesn't force you to install Open Office, and will let you choose just what applications you want and which you don't. And it is more stable and will have far less problems. This special scaled down version of Knoppix is called "Debian". I suggest doing a Net-Install or a Business-card install of the i386 code version known as "Lenny".
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6
    lol, I love sarcasm, so I appreciate that. I will give it a try (again). I did have the scaled down version working to a point, don't remember how far along, but with lightning responses from the knowledgeable staff, watch out ....

    New post to follow ... with much more intuitive, well thought out, and even intelligent questions ....

    Thanks .... Keep en eye out ....

    : lr :

Similar Threads

  1. How do you run things as root?
    By adamherb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 05:25 PM
  2. how to get apt and dpkg seeing the same things?
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 11:37 PM
  3. DVD and other things about 3.4
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 02:59 AM
  4. 2 things that still bug me
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 01:32 AM
  5. Some things I have added
    By linuxfan in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked) picture

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)

$17.99



Yealink SIP Phone T85W picture

Yealink SIP Phone T85W

$153.99



LOT OF 7 Grandstream GXP2170 High-End IP Phone - Black picture

LOT OF 7 Grandstream GXP2170 High-End IP Phone - Black

$175.00