-
Rebuilding Kernel in 5.1.: Knoppix patch?
I 've managed to build a kernel and put it in a Remastered iso.
But there are errors and it drops to a limited shell.
I think I need more than the Kernel source form Kernel.org and the old config file.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Custom_Kernel_Howto
Talks about a Knoppix patch but I cannot find this for the 2.6 Kernel.
I think I need this. Is it still required?
Does anyone know what needs to be included to get this to work?
I tried it again more carfully. Same problem.
This is the Boot messages:
intel_rng: FWH not detected
Welcome to the
KNOP
PIX live GNU/Linux on CD!
Running Linux Kernel 2.6.19.
Total Memory available: 1026940kB, Memory free: 990732kB
Allowing slow USB-devices some more time to register...OK.
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [Maxtor 6E040L0]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [CDU5211]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdd [IOMEGA ZIP 250 ATAPI]
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional builtin commands available:
cat mount umount
insmod rmmod lsmod
knoppix# _
That WIKI Page also needs updating for Knoppix 5.1. Should I do this as I go along? I don't want to trash the page for people still using the older versions of knoppix.
Thanks,
SC
Similar Threads
-
By -Hawkeye- in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
-
By Frunktz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:11 PM
-
By ozfrog in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM
-
By henriquegobbi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 02:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00