-
How to determine if Knoppix can read my Raid 0
In brief, my story first:
A week ago I knew nothing about Raid.... Unfortunately, now I know a little bit more
What happened was that I got a warning in WinXp SP2 saying that something was about to happen. I was instructed to update my backup immediately, wich I did(photos and my database managing these). I went to bed and the next day my computer did'nt start and now I'm seeking for a way to rescuee my "nice to have" documents and files.
I put in a new 500gb sata disk, but I do not know if Knoppix (5.1) is able to write to it, wich I intend to do. I used gparted to format it(fat32), but I'm not sure if I did this correctly. However, Knoppix reckognize this disk as /dev/sdc
Before I try to use dd_rescue, wich I have read a lot about(still not sure if understand all this), I would like to know if there is a way for me to determine if knoppix is able to read my Raid 0 array(2x250gb sata ntfs). The s.m.a.r.t report from dell, hidden under the F12 button somewhere, revealed that about 30 blocks was unreadable. Everything before and after was read successfully.
So, is there a way for me to determine if Knoppix is able to read the Raid 0 array? If it can, I guess I can use dd_rescue to write to my new 500gb disk.
Any help is really appreciated!
Btw, would it make sense to disconnect the two 250gb disks, put my new 500gb drive on top of the boot list in Bios, install WinXp again and then use Windows software to do the recovery?
Similar Threads
-
By NatXotic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
-
By Flipster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 02:37 PM
-
By Terra in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 10:29 AM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage Microsoft Multimedia PS/2 Wired Computer Keyboard KB-0168 Black Tested
$29.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99