one penguin for each "cpu" so for you that is two
have Fun OErjan
Hi all
I am booting a knoppix cd on my latest computer, and for some reason it is showing two penguins at the top of the screen where all the bootup information goes.
It's all booting up just fine and dandy so there is no problem as such, but I am just curious as to why there are two penguins (I have been booting knoppix for years, so am well familiar with the knoppix boot sequence).
The only thing that I can think of that is different is that this computer is dual core. Can it be that you get a penguin for each core?? (If that is the case, how can I justify buying a quad core (or even dual quad-core) machine just to see 4 or 8 penguins) [This last bit is not really a question, just me dreaming out loud]
Regards
THO
one penguin for each "cpu" so for you that is two
have Fun OErjan
Yes, it can be.Originally Posted by tearinghairout
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
If you have a Pentium 4 with hyper threading enabled in the BIOS (as in my case) you also get two penguins. Hyper-threading isnt quite as powerful e as having a dual core CPU but I can live with it.
My dual-core machine boots with 2 penguins, also...

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58