Have you tried sudo mkboot in the console window?
I Keep getting this error message whenever I run mkboot even on a root console.
After a week of booting and running KNOPPIX 3.2 from the CD I would like to do a HDD install and would like to have a boot floppy beforehand. I am very much a NEWBIE with linux but I read on some forum posts that the command "mkboot" in a console session would do the job.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this subject can enlighten me.
Thanks in advance.
Ichoeff
Have you tried sudo mkboot in the console window?
Tried it, got same results.
Ichoeff

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
Samsung MZ-76P256 V-NAND 860 PRO 256GB 2.5" SSD #21
$45.50
LOT OF 3 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD M.2 SATA NVME MIXED LOTS Major Brands
$160.00