Have you tried sudo mkboot in the console window?
I Keep getting this error message whenever I run mkboot even on a root console.
After a week of booting and running KNOPPIX 3.2 from the CD I would like to do a HDD install and would like to have a boot floppy beforehand. I am very much a NEWBIE with linux but I read on some forum posts that the command "mkboot" in a console session would do the job.
Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this subject can enlighten me.
Thanks in advance.
Ichoeff
Have you tried sudo mkboot in the console window?
Tried it, got same results.
Ichoeff

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99