Please see answer #7.
After running windows update on my wife’s computer I cant boot into windows so I am going to try to use Knoppix to get in and hopefully salvage some of the data if it is still there. Only problem is I have no idea how to get Knoppix to look at the right directory. I can explore the live cd until I’m blue in the face but that isn’t going to do me much good.
Admittedly I have no idea what I am doing with linux and wouldn’t mind a hand. If this is something that Knoppix can’t do just let me know.
Please see answer #7.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
you want to click one of the hdd icons on the desktop. that wil open a filemanager.
now look for documents and settings somewhere under there you will find most of the data you want to recovver
.
It MAY also be possible to import mail using Thunderbird if you used outlook or outlook express.
If you used that mail client in windows you are lucky, then you can just copy all the Thunderbird folders you can find.
See ….. that was just too damn easy. Could you try to make it a little more difficult, a little less intuitive? The ease of use is scaring me
Thanks man.

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99