Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to copy files to USB drive

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3

    How to copy files to USB drive

    Hello.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    I did install windows XP in my computer.
    The windows XP did recognize drive C but did not recognize drive D , the drive in wich I had most of the data.

    2; I downloaded knoppix live CD
    Knoppix did recognize both drives.

    I got a USB flash drive and an La Cie hard external drive.

    Both drives work well with windows XP.
    Knoppix did recognize both drives.
    ?
    It does happen that with knoppix I cant write in the removable hard drive.
    When it comes to the flash usb drive I was able to write to it just once , with knoppix.

    After that I get the message drive is not writable.

    What can I do so that I will be able to save the contents of my hard drive D ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    The hard drive is quite possibly NTFS formatted. Knoppix may be unable to write to it. But I think it should, the kernel NTFS driver has come on a long way. You just have to realise that it MIGHT hose everything.

    If you right-click the icons on the desktop, you may find an option 'enable read/write', or something similar. See if that works? Knoppix defaults to mounting internal drives read-only for safety, maybe it does the same to external.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks a lot for your advice.
    Actually as you did point out , there is a menu , if one does click in the drive.
    I enabled the option of writting in the drive.
    I already transfered to the removable media a couple of Gigabytes.
    Thank You for your help

Similar Threads

  1. Can't see USB hard drive to copy crashed HD files to
    By Maninafix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 02:36 AM
  2. Copy files from NTFS drive to another drive
    By Kehart25 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
  3. Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
    By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  4. Copy files to my hard drive
    By _Larry_ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
  5. copy files from usb drive to hdd?
    By omega in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120 picture

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120

$999.00



Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black picture

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black

$44.00



Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box picture

Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box

$59.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07