-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
GunSmoke
First, I can't understand why you active ssh server.
and I've heared that TCP wrapper has nothing to do with nfs.
Sorry about the confusion here. I did actually try out your problem by using one pc on my basement as the server and my laptop as the client from my room.
I boot up both the server/client machines with knoppix cd and then I started the SSH server on the server machine so that I can remotely logon to it from my room via ssh.
I have the same feeling with you that ssh should not matter to your NFS issue but I have to prove it tonight after work.
However, the steps I mentioned on the Wifi FAQ is a TRUE STEP-BY-STEP HISTORY of what I had done. AND IT WORKS at the end. That's why you see the SSH step in there.
After I revisited your description about your failure, I suspect it is the directories setting that created the problem.
Please try out to change the server side shared directory to 777 (i.e. sudo chmod 777 /master/share).
I don't know what user id the master server will be used when the client machine tries to connect and use the shared directory via NFS, most likely will use the id "nobody".
If you really struck with the problem, I suggest you try it again from scratch. Just follow the Wifi FAQ and make sure it works first. Then try to figure out how it is difference from your old steps. I found that it is very straight forward procedure to set up the NFS.
Rgds,
Chip
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99