-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
GunSmoke
Yep. I could mount knoppix UNIONFS and ramdisk with your methods.
But still have a problem.
I made some files on server, and exported /testroot.
ex) touch /home/knoppix/test
As U know, executing above order /UNIONFS/home/knoppix/test and /ramdisk/home/knoppix/test are created.
But I couldn't find my files on client knoppix.
You're right. I cannot find the file either. I did checked all the directories read/write/exec bits and they all look OK to me.
Have no idea why this happen, my wild guess is the UNIONFS limitation.
I tried a work-around by creating the structure like: /testroot/home/knoppix and tried to change the user knoppix default home to it, it failed too.
Code:
$ sudo usermod -d /testroot/home/knoppix -m knoppix
The command finished without complain. It just happens that knoppix home is not changing.
Rgds,
Chip
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00